I stayed the whole day at my Mom's. The house where I grew up is so much the same as I last visited. Here are 5 things to thank for about my stay there...
1. The smell of my mom's home made cooking
2. My mom is really not that old yet. She was 18 when she had me. And guess what? She's not even 50 yet. So in a way I am thankful that our age was not that hugely apart, and she can relate to
3. I am more open and vocal about my feelings now, than say, 5 years ago.
4. My step dad still lives with her. And yes, of course I am thankful not for personal reasons, although I hate him still! But that he is still with my mom, keeping her company.
5. And lastly, I am thankful that old wounds have healed already. Of course the scar is still there, but we all live and learn. And eventually move on.
For those who are confused and curious, head on over to my confessions and read all about my step-dad.