Unique 1:1 Traffic Exchange

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday Wishes VII



My goal for this week is to de-stress myself. Stress evolves from too much pressure. when pressure builds up too much, your physical being also breaks down. I recently got so sick my body almost gave up on me. So I have to reflect on the things that pressures me and mold my energies into removing that pressure and still finish what is suppose to be done.

So here are my 5 wishes for myself. And 5 tips for others with the same dilemma too.

1. Know my limitations and do not take on too much. - I usually do not want to let people down. Especially if they expect too much from me. I then end up doing more than I should. But this is something I should be doing: be more assertive to say no without upsetting or offending people.

2. Accept the things I cannot change. - There is indeed no constant thing in this world but change. But there are things that can't be changed easily. Changing a difficult situation is not always possible. I should learn to recognize and accept things as they are.

3. Take time out to relax and recharge my batteries - Always take time to breathe in "fresh air". When it's time to take a break, I should take that break. I usually tend to skip it or delay it if I have too much to do. Like who am I kidding, there are only 24 hours a day and 8 should be spent on sleeping.

4. Try to see things differently - If something is bothering me, I should try to see it in different scenarios, but not too much to the point of paranoia. Talking it over with somebody else will help you see things from a different and less stressful perspective. And knowing more opinions, will give me more choices. Then, apply what is best.

5. I should avoid alcohol, nicotine and caffeine as coping mechanisms - After getting drunk and laid, will the problem go away? No. And I also take too much coffee. Urgh. I can't help it sometimes (all mentioned above *giggles). But these are stimulants and our body reacts to this with the stress response. Totally avoiding these is impossible for me, but less harm is always better.

Hmmm... is it? LOL




SquirrelQueen